You can make a difference in the lives of Free-Roaming horses and Southeastern Kentucky’s economy by volunteering to help with the Appalachian Horse Project. Below are some of the volunteer needs we currently have or anticipate having in the near future:
- Foster homes for horses.
- Transportation for horses.
- Attending conferences with AHP, to help at our display table
- Writing and editing (grants, press releases, brochures,).
- Filming/interviewing people who visit horses
- Being a tour guide
- Hands-on work, such as assembling fencing, planting landscape shrubs, and painting barns during initial construction.
- Helping locate businesses to donate or discount materials and tack.
- Checking on free-roaming horses in any county where herds exist, and reporting back any injured or skinny horses..
- Helping organize and run horse shows, trail competitions and concessions.
- Help organize county 4-H or saddle clubs (if they don’t currently exist)
- OTHER: Anything else you have skills for, let us know and there is probably a job for you.
Please fill out the form below with your contact information and your preference for volunteer work. Until we need you, we’ll also put you on an email list (if you have email) to keep you up-to-date on progress of the Center.